Punting Summer 2020
The last couple of months has seen a lot of changes in the world, and our business is not an exception to this. The punting industry has had to adapt to new ways of operating during COVID-19. Throughout this whole process, both safety and the customer experience has always remained our top priority, so the joy of punting can return this summer.
Let’s Go Punting
We have developed a COVID-19 safe operating procedure to ensure that we adhere to Government Guidelines. If you haven’t yet heard about our new perspex screens, wipeable cushions and PPE you might want to read our comeback post. On top of this, we have also incorporated technology into the way we work to make sure social distancing is maintained not only on water but on land too. Take a look at our new customer experience video below to see how our new messaging system works as part of our check-in process.
Guide for Punting in Cambridge Summer 2020
What to do on the day of your chauffeured punting tour.
- Make your way to Jesus Green. Find more details on how to reach this location on our ‘how to find us’ page.
- Ten minutes before your scheduled departure time, wait by Jesus Green Tennis Courts.
- We will send you a text message, 5 minutes before your departure time.
- After receiving your message walk towards our cashier. Show him/her your text message which is your ticket to go punting with us.
- Meet your chauffeur for a safety briefing ahead of your departure.
- Receive the code if you wish to unlock the audio punting tour on our Cambridge Tours App. (Find out more about our app here.)
- Follow your chauffeur to the landing stage, where you will then board.
- Await instructions to board safely.
- If you are using the Audio App Tour, once on the boat, plug yourselves in and press start.
- ‘Enjoy the Glide’.
Hopefully, this blog post will have answered all your questions about what you need to do on the day of your tour, if they haven’t then please contact us, we would be more than happy to help.
We look forward to welcoming you on board soon, and like always, we would love to hear about your experience punting with us. Feel free to review us on TripAdvisor/Google or tag us on your social media posts!!!