Evening Punting Tours
During the summer months the evening is a magical time to be on the River. The sun is setting, the light is perfect and the river is quiet (or at least quieter!).
Evening Punting Tours
Our Private Cambridge Punting tours run into the evening, beyond 6pm, between April and September, with the last tour of the day depending on the sunset time. We recommend booking an evening punting tour as even on the sunniest of days the river is quieter and the setting sun casts a beautiful light.
You are very welcome to bring your own drinks on board and our evening punting tours make an ideal start to your night out or a relaxing end to your day out in Cambridge. Either way, join us for a relaxing 50-minute glide along the river Cam with majestic sights such as the impressive Kings College Chapel and beautiful Bridge of Sighs.
Pricing - from £79
We use dynamic pricing meaning prices vary through the day, week and season. We offer some of our very best rates on weekday evenings from 6pm, the weekend rates are a little higher.
When checking availability or booking below, once you have selected your date the prices for all departures from 6pm will be on screen.
Know Before You Go
Tours are booked for a specific time. Late arrival will result in a missed or shortened tour.
You will receive a text message 5 minutes before your departure time – to aid social distancing please do not come to our check in until you have received this message.
You are welcome to bring your own food and drinks on board.
Tours booked online are paid for in full at the time of booking. If you would prefer to pay a 30% deposit with the balance due 2 weeks before the booking date please CONTACT US.
Once confirmed, bookings can be amended subject to availability. Tours go ahead in poor weather. More information including cancellation policy can be found here: Terms & Conditions.
Punting in the Evening along the River Cam
Cambridge is a small but vibrant city that comes alive in the evenings. We have a thriving street food scene and an increasing number of independent bars and restaurants. This makes Cambridge the perfect destination for a date night or an evening out with friends or family…. And a private chauffeured punting tour is the perfect addition to your evening. Whether you are kickstarting your evening with a couple of bottles of prosecco on board, enjoying one of our delicious picnics or simply sitting back and relaxing it really is the perfect view.
Your evening punting tour will last for approximately 50 minutes and will pass by 7 of Cambridge University’s Colleges. Whilst your chauffeur does the hard work – effortlessly punting down the college backs they will also entertain you with their impressive knowledge of Cambridge and its history. The evening light is perfect for photographers and some of our favourite ever pictures of the college backs have been taken in the evening light.
Your Night Out in Cambridge
Our number one top tip for your night out in Cambridge is to join us for a private punting tour. Once that’s booked here’s our top tips for a top night out in Cambridge;
- Enjoy a glass of fizz on the Varsity Hotel Roof. 7 floors up, overlooking the Cambridge skyline the view is unrivalled in Cambridge.
- Take a stroll along the river and enjoy a drink at the Fort St George, overlooking the river and spilling out onto Midsummer Common.
- Grab a delicious ice cream from Jacks Gelato on Benet Street and take a stroll along Kings Parade.
COVID-19 Safety Measures
- Perspex screens on each boat separating different groups of customers and the chauffeur from the customers where the minimum 1m distance is not possible.
- Boat sides and cushions cleaned between each tour.
- Specific departure times booked in advance and sms departure messaging to assist social distancing meaning no queuing.
- Tour available on an app with free download code (in the case that screens and masks make it difficult to hear the chauffeur).
A Few Changes
Due to social distancing guidelines and minimising cross-contamination we have made the following temporary changes:
- Children’s life jackets are still available on request. If you would like a life jacket please do let us know and we will be sure to have one ready for your tour with us.
- We are unable to allow any customers the opportunity to have a go at punting.
- Our rugs covering the cushions have been replaced with a wipe clean material.