Quick Book: Shared & Private Punting Tours
Top Rated Cambridge Punting Tours
Book one of our award-winning traditional punting tours. Our chauffeured punting tours of Cambridge last approximately 50 minutes along the college backs. Tours are return trips starting from and returning to our landing stage on the corner of Jesus Green.
Choose between a private or shared tour (with social distancing measures in place).
Book a Distanced Shared Punting Tour
Know Before You Go
Tours are booked for a specific time. Late arrival will result in a missed (or shortened for private) tour.
You are welcome to bring food and drinks on board.
Tours booked online are paid for in full at the time of booking. If you would prefer to pay a 30% deposit with the balance due 2 weeks before the booking date please CONTACT US. This option is only available for private tours.
We do go ahead in poor weather. If requested by you we will aim to reschedule wherever possible. More information can be found here: Terms & Conditions.
Punting in Cambridge
Due to COVID-19 we have had to make changes to how we operate our Cambridge Punting Tours. More information about about our Covid-19 safety measures can be found here. Our private punting tours are available and can accommodate groups of multiple households as the rows of seats facing each other are more than one metre apart. Please let us know in the notes section of there are multiple households. Please note each row of 3 people should remain one household and all social distancing guidelines should be adhered to. Our shared tours are also available with some changes due to social distancing measures. Tickets can be purchased for up to 2, 3, 6 or 9 people. Rows must comprise of one household or bubble. When booking a shared tour there will br other groups on the boat. Our Cambridge Punting tours last for approximately 50 minutes and pass by 7 riverside colleges and famous landmarks including Kings College Chapel, The Bridge of Sighs, The Wren Library and The Mathematical Bridge. During the tour your chauffeur will provide an guided tour including historical facts and anecdotes about Cambridge University and the buildings you are passing. If the screens or masks on the boat impede you hearing the chauffeur in any way we also have a Free Audio Tour which can be downloaded and used during your tour. You are welcome to bring food and drinks on board but we ask you to please take any rubbish with you and dispose of it safely.
COVID-19 Safety Measures
- Perspex screens on each boat separating different groups of customers and the chauffeur from the customers where the minimum 2m distance is not possible.
- All staff to wear clear plastic visors whilst within 2 metres of customers where screens are not in place.
- Boat sides and cushions cleaned between each tour.
- Specific departure times booked in advance to assist social distancing meaning no queuing.
- Tour available on an app with free download code (in the case that screens and masks make it difficult to hear the chauffeur).
Punting in Cambridge –
A Few Changes.
Due to social distancing guidelines and minimising cross contamination we have made the following changes:
- Life Jackets and Umbrellas are temporarily unavailable. You are very welcome to bring your own.
- We are unable to allow any customers the opportunity to have a go at punting.
- Our rugs covering the cushions have been replaced with a wipe clean material.